Thursday, June 16, 2011

What is this blog?

I believe that baby making is selfish and that the following people lacks empathy: socially conservative, patriots and animal haters (with the exception of bird haters). I believe that corporations are evil and that capitalism and bureaucracy can make everyone into stupid cauliflowers. But I also believe this to be true:

"Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." – John F. Kennedy

Through this blog I will attempt to think critically about what I believe to be true and I will seek answers to things that I am curious about. I’m only 22 so that is a lot. Are all values of equal worth? Can we prevent the next financial crisis? Isn’t GDP a terrible way to measure progress? How come one in four young Swedes think that dictatorship is a good thing?

As you can see, I am interested in a broad specter of social, global and political issues (although I also wonder why hairs on moles grow faster than other hairs). This summer I will have a shiny new bachelor degree in sociology with specialization in political science. The more I study, the more questions I have, and as I move from the Netherlands, back to my home country Norway before taking off to New Zealand, I bet some new questions will pop up.

This blog is a part of a bigger social research project; life. If you believe to hold the answers to any of my questions (including the last one) or if you yourself have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me on ikkejorun@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment